Beneficiary – Aussie Helpers Drought Appeal
16th Annual Bribie Beach Bash
This iconic running event is now in its 16th year. From a gentle 3km stroll or run through to the full 50 kms of the Bribie beach run there is an event for every member of the family. As always, the date is chosen to coincide with a very low tide, so that we run on the hard flat sand at the water’s edge. The beach itself is hard sand lightly pebbled in places with a few shallow creek crossings in the longer runs only. So easy, so much fun, so beautiful. So see you all there! Come one come all to this great morning of fun running the beach in Paradise.
The event is cheap to enter as it is run with proceeds being given to our beneficiary AUSSIE HELPERS DROUGHT APPEAL. It is an affordable day out for the family with plenty of fun.
There are 7 Event lengths
|Distance||Start Time||Entry Fee||Team Entry Fee||Minimum age|
|Steven Hill 15Km||7:00am||$30||n/a|
- Family discount of 10% is available for families of 2 adults and up to 4 children living at the same address.
- AURA members entering the 50k will be entitled to a 5% discount
- Race-walkers and runners welcome in all events. Teams are also welcome. (note casual walkers not accepted in 50km and Marathon distances).
- Cut off time for all events is Midday. Halfway cut off times are 8:30am for 50km and 9am for the marathon. Entrants reaching these turnarounds after the cut off time will be driven back to base
- Where – NORTH STREET WOORIM BRIBIE ISLAND (surf side). Getting to the Start. Once on Bribie Island follow the signs to Woorim. At the 2nd round about keep the BP on your left then stay on the main road to Woorim. On approaching Woorim you will be faced with a car park, turn left (North St) drive about 800m on right to the first BBQ area. It will be noticeable with all the cars around.
- When – 25th September 2016
- Course – FLAT & SANDY, all events up and down the beach. The run starts & finishes in the BBQ area. You will run down onto the firm sand and then turn left up the beach. You will run half your distance to your turn around marker then back to the finish.
- Cut off time – Midday for all events – only 50km competitors may start earlier
- Water points – 1.5k(t)>3k (t)>5k (t)>7.5k(t)>10.6k(t)>14km>18k>21.1km (t)>25k return
- Electronic timing chips will be used in all events accept the 3k (please return them or find a $50 bill in the mail). Remember to allow extra 30 minutes to register & to fix your timing chip to your shoe laces.
- Water at all turn around points. You MUST carry water
- This event is held solely on the beach where there is not shade. It is your responsibility to provide protection from the weather be it hot, cool or wet.
- At start/finish area fresh fruit when finished
- Only in Ultra, Marathon & Half are walkers eligible for a placing
- Minimum entry age for Half Marathon and over is 18 years
- Spectators & crews area at start/finish or by 4wd along beach > Permits required
- Vehicle beach permit required contact local Council phone 5420 0100
- Relay team members will run individually out and back to their half distance mark. There will be special turn around signs for each relay turn. Chips will need to be swapped at the start / finish.
- 50km relay teams of 2 will run 25km each
- You will be running where 4WD vehicles drive along the beach, please stay alert watching for vehicles. Plenty of notices will be placed along the beach advising motorists of the event. Please ensure MP3 players are quiet enough to hear vehicles approaching from behind.
- Presentations for all event will be as quickly as they become available
- There will be many random prizes – people whose names are drawn must be present to collect
- All competitors may receive a free water bottle if desired
- Place getters in each event receive a trophy
- A special trophy to the oldest & the youngest competitor (must compete)
- Another specially designed trophy to the last competitor in the 50k, Marathon, Half, 15k & 10k events… so do not run off as we will not post them out
Event Entry Details
We now have online entries available and there is also a paper entry form 2016 Bribie Beach Bash Entry Form. Please note all competitors whether in a team or solo must fill in an entry form. Without a signed form agreeing to the waiver you will not be issued a chip and may not start.
- Online Entries close midnight Wednesday 23 September 2016
- Late entries accepted on race day up to 30 minutes before the start of your event with a fee of $15.00/person per event. Cash only accepted for entries on race day
- No refund if unable to compete on the day including any circumstances uncontrollable by race director
- This is an inexpensive event solely to raise funds for our favourite charity
- Race Director – Geoff Williams Mob 0412 789741.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR Mail to Queensland Ultra Runners Club 87 MacGinley Rd, Upper Caboolture Q 4510
- OR Direct Deposit – Heritage Building Society BSB 638 070 Account No 006802389 – place a name after the deposit
- Please assist catering for trophies by registering early
- Trophies ordered subject to numbers on Friday 23rd, If late & no trophy, no postage available
Steven Hill was a supporter of this event entering in the 15k in 2013. I understand he was a keen athlete conscious of his training. He was actually leading that event till the turn but for unknown reasons went off course. He was later found lying on a vehicle track. He was taken to Caboolture Hospital, later transferred to Redcliffe Hospital where he passed away 3 days later in the company of his friends & family. I understand he was a gentle giant. In respect to his family & appreciation of his support the 15k event carries his name.