15th Annual Bribie Beach Bash – 4th October 2015
This iconic running event is now in its 15th year. From a gentle 3km stroll or run through to the full 50 kms of the Bribie beach run there is an event for every member of the family. As always, the date is chosen to coincide with a very low tide, so that we run on the hard flat sand at the water’s edge. The beach itself is hard sand lightly pebbled in places with a few shallow creek crossings in the longer runs only. So easy, so much fun, so beautiful. So see you all there! Come one come all to this great morning of fun running the beach in Paradise.
This MS Charity Fundraising Event is cheap to enter, not for profit, instead forwarding the proceeds to our beneficiary Multiple Sclerosis Qld. It is a lovely day out for the family.
Steven Hill was a supporter of this event entering in the 15k in 2013. I understand he was a keen athlete conscious of his training. He was actually leading that event till the turn but for unknown reasons went off course. He was later found lying on a vehicle track. He was taken to Caboolture Hospital, later transferred to Redcliffe Hospital where he passed away 3 days later in the company of his friends & family. I understand he was a gentle giant. In respect to his family & appreciation of his support the 15k event carries his name.
There are 7 Event lengths
|Distance||Start Time||Entry Fee||Team Entry Fee||Minimum age|
|Steven Hill 15Km||7:00am||$30||n/a|
- There are several Event Types.
- The 50km, Marathon and half marathon events all have a Solo Run, Solo Walk or Relay option for Male and Female competitors.
- Marathon relays have 3 competitors.
- 50km and half marathon have 2 competitors.
- The 15km, 10km, 6km and 3km events all have a solo run or solo walk option for Male and Female Competitors.
- A family discount of 10% is available for families of 2 adults and up to 4 children living at the same address.
- Race-walkers and runners welcome in all events. Teams are also welcome. (note casual walkers not accepted in 50km and Marathon distances).
- Cut off time for all events is Midday. Halfway cut off times are 8:30am for 50km and 9am for the marathon. Entrants reaching these turnarounds after the cut off time will be driven back to base.
- Where – NORTH STREET WOORIM BRIBIE ISLAND (surf side). Getting to the Start. Once on Bribie Island follow the signs to Woorim. At the 2nd round about keep the BP on your left then stay on the main road to Woorim. On approaching Woorim you will be faced with a car park, turn left (North St) drive about 800m on right to the first BBQ area. It will be noticeable with all the cars around.
- When – 4th OCTOBER 2015
- Course – FLAT & SANDY, all events up and down the beach. The run starts & finishes in the BBQ area. You will run down onto the firm sand and then turn left up the beach. You will run half your distance to your turn around marker then back to the finish.
- Cut off time – Midday for all events – only 50km competitors may start earlier
- Water points – 1.5k(t)>3k (t)>5k (t)>7.5k(t)>10.6k(t)>14km>18k>21.1km (t)>25k return
- Electronic timing chips will be used in all events accept the 3k (please return them or find a $50 bill in the mail). Remember to allow extra 30 minutes to register & to fix your timing chip to your shoe laces.
- Only in Ultra, Marathon & Half are walkers eligible for a placing
- Minimum entry age for Half Marathon and over is 18 years
- Spectators & crews area at start/finish or by 4wd along beach
- Vehicle beach permit required contact local Council phone 5420 0100
- Water on course at many points. Competitors MUST carry own water
- This event is held solely on the beach where there is not shade. It is your responsibility to provide protection from the weather be it hot, cool or wet.
- Teams must finish together for placing
- Relay team members will run individually out and back to their half distance mark. There will be special turn around signs for each relay turn. Chips will need to be swapped at the start / finish.
- 50km relay teams of 2 will run 25km each
- Marathon Relay teams of 3 will run 14km each
- Half Marathon Relay teams of 2 will run 10.5km each
- You will be running where 4WD vehicles drive along the beach, please stay alert watching for vehicles. Plenty of notices will be placed along the beach advising motorists of the event. Please ensure MP3 players are quiet enough to hear vehicles approaching from behind.
- Presentation for all short events up to 15km will be held at 10:45. Presentations for other events will be held after last competitor returns.
- Previous year t-shirts in different sizes & colours will be available for sale at the event on race day ONLY. First in applies
- Event Prizes
- There will be many random prizes – people whose names are drawn must be present to collect
- All competitors may receive a free water bottle if desired
- Place getters in each event receive a trophy
- A special trophy to the oldest & the youngest competitor (must compete)
- A specially designed last place trophy for all events except 3km and 6km. Do not rush off or you will miss out on these.
Event Entry Details
- We now have online entries available and there is also a paper entry form. Please note all competitors whether in a team or solo must fill in an entry form. Without a signed form agreeing to the waiver you will not be issued a chip and may not start.
- Online Entries close midnight Wednesday 30th September 2015
- Late entries accepted on race day up to 30 minutes before the start of your event with a fee of $15.00/person per event. Cash only accepted for entries on race day
- No refund if unable to compete on the day including any circumstances uncontrollable by race director
- This is a fundraising event solely to raise funds for our favourite charity
- Race Director – Geoff Williams Ph/Fax 07 5497 0309 Mob 0412 789741.
- E-mail email@example.com
- Registrations Online https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=17633
- OR Mail to Queensland Ultra Runners Club 87 MacGinley Rd, Upper Caboolture Q 4510
- OR Direct Deposit – Heritage Building Society BSB 638 070 Account No 006802389 – place a name after the deposit
- Please assist catering for food & trophies by registering early
BRIBIE BEACH BASH 2015 PAPER ENTRY FORM – one form per entrant
DOB ________________________ M [ ] or F [ ] Runner [ ] Walker [ ]
E-mail address _______________________________________________________________
[ ] 50k $55 [ ] Marathon $50 [ ] Half Marathon $40 [ ] 15km $30 [ ] 10km $25 [ ] 6km $20 [ ] 3km $10 Total Donation $___________
[ ] Family Entry – 2 adults + up to 4 children (must be living at the same address) 10% discount
Please tick chosen events then take off the 10% Total paid $___________
Team Entry in Ultra 2x25km $100 [ ] Marathon 3x14km $80 [ ] Half Marathon 2×10.5km $70 [ ]
(Each member must complete a form) Total Team Fee $______
Do you feel charitable today? Add a donation to MS Australia to your entry fee? Donation $_________ Total Paid $_____________
Over $2.00 is tax deductable & a receipt can be provided at the event when asked
**WAIVER RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION CONDITIONS OF ENTRY—ALL ENTRANTS MUST READ. BY SIGNING THIS ENTRY MEANS THE COMPETITOR/S UNDERSTAND & AGREE TO ALL **
Participants Agreement, Waiver, Release and Acknowledgement: 1. I have read the race description and believe I am sufficiently fit for my chosen event. 2. I understand this event is held over a natural sandy surface which will require care while competing, and that safety precautions have been undertaken by the organisers. 3. BY SIGNING THIS ENTRY MEANS THE COMPETITOR/S UNDERSTAND & AGREE TO ALL ** In consideration of my entry into the 2015 Bribie Beach Bash, I hereby agree with the following conditions of entry. I understand that participation in the Bribie Beach Bash involves running & walking in public area used by traffic & I am aware of the hazards involved. In my judgement I/my child/my family has/have sufficient competence and experience to participate in this event. I hereby release and exempt and indemnify the organisers, sponsors, and other persons and organisations involved in the Bribie Beach Bash from all actions, proceeding, demands and costs, expense and claims wherever made or taken by any person arising out of my/my child’s/my family’s participation in the Bribie Beach Bash. The Race Director reserves the right to refuse entry to the event and to change the route or details from that without notice.
PARTICIPANT’S SIGNATURE: .___________________________________date__________
(If under 18 years of age, parent or guardian must sign)